Empaths are more prone to breakdown and having their spiritual immunity compromised because of their already increased sensitivity.
I believe that all of us possess empathic abilities when we are born.
Watch a baby or a young child. They are often looking intently at something that appears to be nothing. Babies speak long before they learn to talk; they speak with their eyes and their energy. Young children play freely on their own and “pretend” quite easily, interacting with energies unseen by most of those around them. Most of this innate sensitivity and ability fades over time. Sometimes this happens as a means of self-protection. Most often it occurs because children (and many adults) are told by someone they trust, “That is just your imagination.” I’m sure that the well-meaning parent, friend or sibling is just trying to help the child by wishing away the “boogie man” or saving the person from embarrassment, but as a result they learn to stop engaging in conversations with the fairies, ghosts, angels, guides, or imaginary friends.
I had a favorite teddy bear that was real to me. I was devastated when my parents took him away and disposed of him while I was at school. They believed the bear was making me sick, but my unexplainable illness and failure to thrive had much more to do with my spiritual sensitivities than with a teddy bear. I now look back and realize my teddy bear was a physical representation of a guardian or guide. I still love that bear with all of my heart. He is now and will always be “real” to me.
I was very young at the time, around 9 or 10, and remember consciously wanting to die. That is painful for me to share, but as a sensitive soul, that was my reality.
As a teenager I would pray at night that god would come take me. And every morning when I would awaken, I’d feel as though he had forsaken me…because I was still here.
All of this was even more confusing to me because I have an identical twin with the same DNA as me in the physical, but distinct differences and sensitivities as a soul.
I believe the same is true for many of you reading this. You may not have consciously wanted to leave this planet, but the feeling of being “different” without any plausible reason creates a tangible sense of confusion, and a feeling of unexplainable isolation while surrounded by others. Many people around you may have felt the same way, or may have been completely oblivious because of programming or lack of soul desire and intention to expand. I call those who seem unwilling to expand “sleepers” or “empties.” This is not a judgment, and I do not view them as “less than” those who are willing. It is simply a way to identify those who are perfectly content to go through life on auto-pilot and cling to limitations by resisting expansion. To be perfectly honest, they may be doing the best that they can. “Ignorance is bliss” may be an apt statement in this case. At times I even envy those who tune it out so easily. In the end, I would rather be me, even if that means learning and expanding through difficult circumstances and means.
Through my soul evolution, learning, and healing process, I have brought those sensitivities (strengths) back to the surface in order to use them effectively.
Let’s identify and look deeper into some of these empathic qualities.
Most individuals who are empaths, who possess naturally increased abilities through their clairs are consciously unaware of their abilities and empathic qualities since this is what they have always known. It’s like a characteristic as simple as hair color to them. It didn’t stand out as something magical or extrasensory. It was just basic!
The term “clair” is shorthand for someone who understands how to use their empathy in a way that lets them understand things or be sensitive to that other people may not be able to. There are a lot of way that this might present itself, but let’s break this down into a few categories relating the clairs and sensitivities (strengths) people were born with. Each one of us has some combination of these gifts, at varying degrees of strengths, and we can choose to develop them at any time.
Clairvoyance – Clear seeing.
Spirit speaks to you directly through mental visions. You may “see” things that actually manifest in the physical. It could be a strong premonition. Most clairvoyants will see images in their mind. This may also come through in dreams.
Clairaudience – Clear hearing.
Perceiving, as if by hearing, what is inaudible, often as voices, whispers and music. Clairaudient people have the ability to extend their hearing beyond the everyday physical world and the known levels of awareness. Messages are received either audibly or inside the mind. Most of the messages are transmitted telepathically (spirits will converse with you via thought). With this ability, you can speak to spirit in your mind, and will often receive a reply.
Clairsentience – Clear feeling or clear sensing.
Receiving information through the heart, body and feelings. This manifests as the ability to retrieve information from feeling. Feeling the past, present or future physical and emotional states of people, animals, objects, buildings and property without the use of the normal five senses. You can literally feel emotions of others (seen and unseen) both in your heart and in your body.
Claircognizance – Clear thinking.
Spirit speaks to your mind through brilliant ideas and the ability to ‘just know’ information. This knowledge often comes spontaneously, but you know with certainty it is 100% accurate. This information can come in the form simply “knowing” the truth of a situation, path or person. Sometimes it comes through facts and figures, that bring a revelation of what you are picking up on intuitively (we all love proof!).
Here are descriptions for you to explore deeper where some of your innate strengths are, and raise awareness for those you would like to develop consciously. All of these qualities require clear boundaries for optimal utilization. We will be covering that in “Ways to strengthen spiritual immunity.”
Clairvoyance Qualities: Clear seeing
• A very active dream life
• Spends time daydreaming
• Vivid imagination
• Uses the words “I see” when speaking to others
• Has a knack for metaphors and uses them effectively to portray thoughts or feelings
• Invents parables to portray a point or principle (to help others “see clearly”)
• Clearly sees colors and objects while meditating
• May see sparks of light and colors out of the corner of their eye • Has the ability to see auras and energy around people
Clairaudience Qualities: Clear hearing
• Listens more than they talk
• Hears and follows multiple conversations at the same time while in a public setting
• Often talks to animals or plants and feels they are connecting and communicating back
• Receives information telepathically
• Uses the words “I hear” in conversation, especially when relating to others
• Gives profound advice and specific insight and when asked, “Where did that come from?” or “Can you repeat what you just said?” doesn’t know, or it’s already gone from their memory
• Sometimes hears ringing or buzzing in the ears
• At times a pressure or sensation like the need to “pop your ears,” similar to when changing elevation
Clairsentience Qualities: Clear feeling or sensing • Highly sensitive to surroundings and easily picks up on the ‘vibe’ of a place or person (“I have a bad feeling” or “I have a good feeling” immediately)
• A deep sense of understanding others without even speaking • Can feel the physical pain others are experiencing, and even identify the location on their body
• When visiting a place with large crowds or even a grocery store checkout line, may experience unexplainable emotional or physical reactions
• When around other people or while visiting their homes, emotions or sense of well-being sometimes shift inexplicably
• Energetically provides a sense of safety and welcoming , so much that people, even strangers, may share intimate details and secrets
• Feels the presence of spirits, or feels something “off” when in a place where a spirit might be (sensitive to places that are haunted) • Tends to use the words “I feel” in conversation when relating to others • Smells and tastes energy or information coming through (some can even “smell” cancer or disease)
Claircognizance Qualities: Clear thinking
• Has a difficult time “turning off” their brain, with thoughts always circulating
• Human truth detector -- can tell with certainty if someone is telling the truth or lying
• Receives the answer to something they were wondering about or information about something they were pondering
• Easily receives creative, inspirational, even revolutionary ideas • Frequently uses the words “I know” in conversations with others • Most likely has trouble sleeping
Most of what I pick up on is from astral projection and remote viewing. That is the method I use to see that truth of what is, perform healing, and receive messages.
I intentionally raise all of my clairs simultaneously as I journey. I call it “deep diving.” In my day-to-day life, it is turned down to a low hum. I do not walk around connecting with everything around me. It would feel obtrusive to me if I was. Also, I’m confident it would be exhausting. By doing this, I set a boundary for my personal well-being. I only receive messages, insight or information that is urgent.